No more queuing at the Post Office, posting payments or writing cheques
By far the most efficient way of paying your rent is by setting up a Direct Debit.
Many residents are already paying their rent this way. We currently offer a choice of 4 payment dates each month, payable on 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd.
Stay in control
You are always kept informed with Direct Debit, so you can have complete confidence that everything will be taken care of for you.
- Before a new Direct Debit is collected from your account, you will:
- be advised of the amount and the payment date
- be given advance notice of any payment changes
- Should you wish to end an agreement, you are free to cancel a Direct Debit at any time.
- All payments made by Direct Debit are guaranteed, this means that in the unlikely event a payment is made in error, your bank/building society will give you a full and immediate refund.
If you are in rent arrears, paying by Direct Debit is a good way of reducing them.
We now require garage tenants to pay their rent by Direct Debit.
How much will I pay each month?
How much you pay must comply with the terms of your Tenancy or Lease Agreement. To keep to this agreement when paying by Direct Debit you will need to keep your rent account clear or in credit at all times.
A letter will be sent informing you of the exact amount and payment date of your Direct Debit.
If your rent amount changes, your Direct Debit will automatically be updated, however, it may be advisable for you to inform us of any changes you may receive in Housing Benefit so that we can amend your payments.
How do I join the Direct Debit Scheme?
Simply download and print the Direct Debit instruction [97.5KB] and fill in all the information. Please send the Direct Debit form to the Finance Department at 56 Kingsclere Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XG. We will organise your rent payment through your bank account to Sentinel.
If you have any queries regarding this please contact the rent control team on 0800 195 5515 from a landline or 0300 666 5515 from your mobile.