Website privacy statement
Sentinel is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Sentinel Housing Association Limited of 56 Kingsclere Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6XG. Our nominated representative is Peter Davis.
For information about confidentiality in general please see our Confidentiality Policy.
What information do we collect about you?
- We may collect and use the following information about you through the website:-
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms on our website
- If you contact us, such as to provide feedback, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Information you submit if you chose to participate in a voluntary survey or competition
- Information you provide when you subscribe to a feed or to receive information
- Information you submit when using any of the online facilities on our website, such as in relation to rent payments, statements and repair reporting
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access. There is more information on this in the “cookies” section below
How will we use information about you?
Personal information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To provide you with information or services you have requested
- To respond to your enquiries
- For statistical analysis
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Sentinel
- To analyse website usage and help improve accessibility and usability of the website
Sharing information about you
We will only share your personal information with other companies and organisations in order to provide you with agreed services or where required under a legal obligation.
This information may also be shared with other companies that are in the same group as Sentinel and in the event that Sentinel transfers or sells all or part of its business or assets to another company or organisation.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you would like to access some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Sentinel Housing Association, 56 Kingsclere Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6XG. We may need to make a small charge for providing the information.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
More information about cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Where you continue to use our website without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. You can however set your browser not to accept cookies and www.aboutcookies.org will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Third Party Cookies & Websites
Our website contains embedded content and links to other websites. This privacy statement only applies to this website so when you follow links to other websites your should read their own privacy policies.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep our privacy statement under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This privacy statement was last updated on 29 May 2012.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy statement or the information we hold about you.