Have you been out of work for a while and now want to get back to it? Are you a little nervous or lacking confidence in the world of work? You may just want to brush up on the skills that you haven’t used for a while and strengthen your CV. Or you may just want to share your skills and experiences to give something back to your community.
Whatever your reason for choosing to volunteer, we can provide you with all the support and opportunities you need to succeed.
Volunteering is a fantastic opportunity for everyone regardless of age or background. Becoming a Sentinel volunteer will help you to improve your skills, gain experience and share your talents and experiences to improve the lives of others.
What’s in it for me?
As a volunteer for Sentinel or one of our partner organisations you can rest assured you will be valued and supported. As part of your role you will receive:
- Training to gain skills and knowledge
- Regular mentoring and support to help you develop and progress
- Travel expenses and money for lunch
- Support to develop your CV and interview skills
What opportunities are available?
We are developing a range of roles across different service areas to ensure that there is something to suit everyone. The list is continually growing but currently there are opportunities to:
- Work with older people
- Support community activities
- Develop social activities such as cookery, computer clubs or craft clubs
- Get involved with our neighbourhoods by becoming an inspector, customer representative or assisting with surveys to help shape services
- Assist in office based roles (e.g. Finance, IT, Customer Service)
Let us know your skills and whether you are interested in a particular area.
After you've submitted your application we'll be in touch. We may invite you to come into the office to find out a bit more about you and what you're interested in getting involved with.