Services for older people
At Sentinel we’ve a great deal of experience providing services for older people. Over the past decade we’ve helped thousands of people keep their freedom and independence in their later years.
We provide a range of tailored services to customers aged 55 and over.
Here’s an outline of what we can offer you;
• Different types of accommodation - ranging from extra care schemes, sheltered housing, older persons blocks and properties particularly suitable for older people either because of the location or the style of property
• ‘Floating support’ – we can help you to; manage your tenancy and find ways to live independently, help with budgeting and maximising your income and to get involved in your community and have fun
• Activities programme – an exciting programme of activities for you including; social and cultural activities to keep you active and involved in your community
• Community alarms / lifelines - alarms that are linked to your telephone to call for help in an emergency, giving you increased security, knowing help can be there at the touch of a button
•If you’re a Sentinel customer we can help you to move, and you may also be entitled to a apply for our Helping Hands fund if you move out of a larger Sentinel home
• Decorating services - if you’re a Sentinel customer and are over 70 or disabled you can apply to have one room in your home decorated for free every five years. Ask your Scheme Co-ordinator for details