Need a garage?
With so many cars on the roads these days, it's not always easy to find somewhere to park.
We've got more than 3400 garages in most of our neighbourhoods and although some areas are very popular and we may have a waiting list, it's always worth checking with us as we may be able to offer you an alternative nearby.
It could cost less than you think
Prices start from £7.78 per week if you rent your home from us and £9.33 per week if you don’t or if you rent a second garage.
Who can apply for a garage?
- Anyone 18 or over can apply to rent a garage from Sentinel.
- If you rent your home from Sentinel, and wish to rent a garage you must have a clear rent account. If you do not rent your home from Sentinel you can still apply to rent a garage garage, and will need to pay VAT.
- You are responsible for paying the rent in advance each month.
- Any repairs to a garage will carry a priority 3 (i.e. up to 19 working days).
- Sentinel Housing Association accepts no responsibility for any property stored in a garage or for any items left in a garage after the termination of the tenancy.
- You must inform the Association of any change to your contact address or telephone number within seven days of any change.
- You will not cause any obstructions to other garage users. You will be renting the garage, not the hardstanding in front or the surrounding areas.
- Garages can be used to store a vehicle or household goods but hazardous materials must not be stored in a garage. You must not use a garage for business purposes without prior permission in writing.
- Payment for a garage is made monthly in advance. The most convenient way to pay is by direct debit, you can also pay by debit card over the phone or via the internet or by card at any Post Office or All Pay paypoint.
- Some areas are very popular and we may have to put your name on a waiting list.
- Once we receive your completed form and we confirm that you are eligible to register on the Garage Waiting List, your application will be registered.
- You will be sent an acknowledgement letter as soon as possible giving your application number.
- You must re-register your application every six months. Failure to do so will result in your application being cancelled. No reminder will be sent.
- Failure to respond in writing to an offer of a garage tenancy will also result in your application being cancelled.
- If you have a joint tenancy with Sentinel please include both names.
Get in touch
Give us a call on 0800 195 5515 to check availability or apply below.